Newlyweds are saying "I do" to each other, and equate to over half of first time home buyers that are also saying "I do" to their dream homes. It makes sense! When you put two hearts together, the time comes to find a home to nourish that love. A home that brings two of your places together, and makes it one. If you and your spouse are ready to fall in love with the perfect house together, here are five tips to make sure the process goes smoothly, and you come prepared.
1. YOUR WEDDING BUDGET: Your wedding is a one-time event that shouldn't be less than what you'd imagine. It's a beautiful time to put all of your dream pieces together. However, it's best to sit down and find out ways you can shift the budget to help with your down payment for a home, if you plan to purchase. The average couple spends a little over $20,000 on their wedding. Even a savings of $5000 from your wedding budget can help with owning the perfect home.
2. WEDDING GIFTS: Wedding bliss comes with wedding gifts. Let's admit, one of our favorite times during the wedding season is all of the gifts that come pouring in! Have any friends or family pitching in cash? Save that to put towards your down payment. And depending on the generosity of your gifts, you can even open an account dedicated to your down payment, that friends and family can gift to.
3. GET PRE-APPROVED: One of the least brought up conversations in relationships is the credit and financial history of your soon-to-be spouse. Get together with a lender to go over both of your histories to know what needs to be done to put you guys in a position to own together. In some cases, only one person can get approved, while the other can't. If you want to put both of your incomes toward the cost of the house you want, talking to a lender early on can ensure you are prepared to make the right moves.
4. THE RIGHT AGENT: That's where I come in! For starters, I can connect you with a lender to ensure you guys are being watched over from the best recommendations. And it's an absolute joy to take the stress out of buying a home for my newly wed couples. We all know how stressful, although joyous, a wedding can be. To then jump into buying a house shortly after, well, it's certainly a lot to get through. But I can guide you through all of the steps to make sure you end up with a house you love. Just think of me as a wedding planner, but for homes.
5. NOW THERE'S TWO: Although some spouses are a match made in heaven, loving and adoring the same exact things, often times that's not the case with most couples. You still are your own persons, and have your own tastes. This is where the first step to comprise really begins. Spending a good bit of money on a place you both will love and call home. A happy marriage starts with a happy home, so be sure you both are considerate of each other's wants and needs in style and location, so you both are happy with the home you end up getting.
Author:Barbara Day Phone: 334-546-6620 Dated: March 1st 2018 Views: 232 About Barbara: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Cardinal Realty Group, LLC is dedicated to serving the Central Alabama River Region and surrounding areas in residential sales and property management. Our growth from referrals from satisfied clients is a testament of our dedication to excellence.
Our Cardinal Rule is that we are committed to excellence in customer service and communication.
We will optimize integrity, energy, hard work, and creative customer service in every detail of our client's real estate transactions. We want our clients to know and feel as though they are important to us and we care about them and understand their needs and how to help them. We are honest and have ethical business practices. Our response time to our clients and customers set us apart from others. We are quick to respond to our client's and customer's questions, needs, and concerns.
Not only do we gain happy clients through our transactions, we also gain and build lasting relationships!
The Top Landscaping Trends for 2018 DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | WEDNESDA
"Mrs. Rhonda Douglas is an excellent real estate agent, and extremely knowledgeable and professional. I had an older home and was not having much success in showing it, and finding a buyer. After a careful evaluation, she made suggestions and pointed out areas of improvement, and provided the detail plan for updating and presenting my home. In short period of time there was increased interest, new offers and an eventual sale of my house. Very pleased with the service and expertise that she provided and I would recommend this very motivated agent to anyone who is interested in selling their home."